Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our New Life

Jess and I got married two months ago on June 24th in the Mesa, Arizona Temple. Since then, life has done nothing but fill our home with countless blessings. We went on a two-week honeymoon in Cancun. It was so prefect that our brains were nearly fried by the end of our stay. We got to witness many amazing sites Cancun has to offer, like Chichen Itza, Coba and Xplor--an incredible amusement park with two miles of ziplines, underwater cave dives and ATV rides through the jungle. Relaxing on the beach with unlimited drinks was pretty wonderful too. Especially with the love of your life right next to you.
Instead of coming home from our honeymoon, we flew straight to Idaho for my family's vacation. Well... I shouldn't say we flew straight there. It took us five connecting flight to arrive in Idaho Falls. We were so lucky we made it since half our flights were late.
Idaho was equally as fun! We went to Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole, white water rafting down the Snake River and the sand dunes. So many great experiences! We were sad to come back, but eager to start building our new home. We live right across the street from the temple. We think we have the best view in the Valley with the temple as our front yard. It is so beautiful! It's even more beautiful at night when we open our blinds to witness the temple glowing heavenly white, peeking through the tall trees. We feel so blessed to be able to just walk across the street to go there.
We both started school and work last month. We were lucky enough to have great schedules so we have the weekends and every evening together. Jesse is working at Wells Fargo. I am working at the Arizona Republic (which has been so great!)
I will post pictures of our trips, our wedding and our new home shortly! Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you. It sounds like you live in my old home ward. It's a great little neighborhood. I grew up on Pioneer and Broadway (even before Pioneer was a street). Sorry I missed your reception, I was at Scout Camp all week and I couldn't leave :(( I was thinking about you today because I watched the video I made of AOL dancing on Pier 39. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete